10.02.2008

General Conference

This weekend members of my church spend 8-10 hours listening to our leaders in a world-wide General Conference. The conference happens twice a year and, for most of my life, it meant a weekend of watching the speakers from the couch in my favorite pj's. 

Since leaving the West, it hasn't been that easy to watch conference. I tried listening to the audio stream online, but I inevitably fell asleep or got distracted by a cooking or cleaning project. My sad little iBook just didn't seem to have the get-up-and-go to let me stream the video feed, so I resigned myself to watching at a church building which, frankly, is just not my favorite thing to do. Instead of sitting on the couch in pj's I sat on rather uncomfortable benches and quietly cross-stitched. It wasn't terrible, of course, but I missed my pj's.

This year will be different, though. Instead of trying to make my laptop cooperate, Mr. H-B has tested his super-fast laptop and we will be using it to watch conference this year. Only, get this: Mr. H-B has finagled a way to watch on our super-awesome new TV (thank you generous benefactors). 

These kids and their new-fangled technology...

5 comments:

llegue said...

when I was first married and listening to conference at home on the radio, we,too, would get...........distracted. :)

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

This is virtually impossible when your in-laws are watching with you...

llegue said...

D'oh!

ferskner said...

I sorted papers and cross-stitched. In my pajamas. So great....

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

Llegue--it was just one session, but still...

Ferskner--me too. Exactly that, actually.