11.27.2008

Thankful

This week I'm thankful for a lot of things. Cliché? Probably a little bit. But that's life, isn't it? Anyway. Here's my 2008 Thanksgiving list.
  1. Mr. H-B. He puts up with a lot: my inability to relax or give myself a break on anything; my regular mood swings (ahem, monthly, ahem); my school workload; my desire to put up the Christmas tree more than a month ahead of time; and the list goes on. Oh yeah, and he's also funny, makes me laugh, loves Greta, cooks dinner regularly, vacuums, takes the trash out, folds laundry, does dishes, watches cartoon movies with me, converted me to The Simpsons, doesn't get mad when I wake him up too early on Saturday mornings, eats almost everything I cook for him, drives at night because I don't do so well, etc...
  2.  My church. I'm grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow through service to others; to improve my teaching skills; to have some measure of assurance in troubled times.
  3. Grad school. I'm thankful that I am in a position to continue improving myself through education. I'm also grateful to know that my job market prospects are the opposite of bleak right now. 
  4. Family. As a teenager, I never really appreciated how fabulous my family is. Well, they are. And you know what? My in-laws are pretty fantastic too.
  5. Thanksgiving Break. I am so ready for this semester to be over, but Thanksgiving weekend gives me just the boost I need to finish out the last two weeks.

1 comment:

Amina said...

aaaw...that's a great post :)