Anyway, I've been thinking for awhile about perfect days. What would my perfect day consist of? What would I do? Where would I go? What would I eat?
Here's what I finally came up with:
- 8:00 am--Wake up to sun streaming in the windows (impossible given our apartment faces west) and the sound of birds chirping (not lawnmowers or moving trucks in reverse).
- 8:15 am--Mr. H-B says "Let's go to breakfast at Cracker Barrel." (I'm totally embarrassed by my love for the french toast there, but it is so good.) And "Oh yeah, there's plenty of hot water, so you can take as long as you want in the shower."
- 9:00 am--Breakfast at Cracker Barrel.
- 10:00 am--Quick walk-through of TJ Maxx where I find the ultimate, perfectly-sized, buttery soft black purse for a steal and, of course, we have the money in our bank account.
- 10:30 am--Spend 30 minutes at Kohl's and find four shirts that fit and are flattering. Also very cute shoes (clearly, I have simple taste or live in a small town).
- 11:00 am--Stop at Blockbuster and rent two new releases that will turn out to be either hysterically funny or heartwarming in a non-cheesy way (this will not include any rom-com stinkers).
- 12:30 pm--Fall asleep during the first of the movies and stay that way without Mr. H-B poking me to tell me I'm snoring.
- 2:00 pm--Wake up from nap and find that Mr. H-B has loaded all of the dishes in the dishwasher and put away nearly all of the laundry (note: this has actually happened on more than one occasion). Sit on the couch and chat with Mr. H-B for a little bit.
- 2:30 pm--Bake something delicious and possibly complicated, knowing that I won't have to clean up the mess.
- 3:30 pm--Have a serving of whatever delicious dish I created, probably with perfectly smooth vanilla ice cream.
- 3:45 pm--Go for a long walk with Mr. H-B and Greta in weather that's just warm enough to go without a coat, but still requires a light jacket. A long sleeve tee would work equally well.
- 4:45 pm - 11:00 pm--Read hundreds of pages in a new reading for fun novel. I know this is blasphemy, but it should be something mindless and bubble-gummy, though not romantic. Perhaps a Tom Clancy or John Grisham novel. Don't judge me.
- 11:00 pm--Go to bed