Today marks six months of sharing a bed with another human being. I am pleased to report that, though there have been threats of strangling, stabbing or other general Manson-esque mayhem, I have managed not to kill Mr. H-B in his sleep.
These months have certainly entailed a great deal of adjustment for me. For example, the addition of Mr. H-B's laundry to mine tripled the workload. Not because he's extra dirty, but because his t-shirts and socks are so much bigger than mine. Also, unnecessary trips to Target no longer go unquestioned.
Of course, there have been many more pleasant discoveries. I will list them here in no particular order:
- we spend so much less money on gas than I thought we would since we aren't driving to and from all kinds of church activities
- there are two people to wash dishes, vacuum and fold laundry
- Mr. H-B will take Greta outside about 90% of the time
- it no longer seems like I'm talking to myself when I watch TV (even if Mr. H-B isn't listening)
- since I always considered myself a loner, I am pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy spending time with Mr. H-B
**Also, I apologize for making anyone else as uncomfortable as I made myself with this uncharacteristic public display of affection. Ferskner, I hope you don't feel too much proxy shame.