3.02.2009

Couples Meme, Because We Love Ourselves

What are your middle names?

Mine is Louisa, though now it's legally my maiden name. His is Eugene.

How long have you been together?

*cringe* we have been "together" for a little less than a year. What can I say? Things move quickly around here.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?

We have known each other for nearly four years and have been good friends for a little over two years.

Who asked whom out?

Um...not sure if anyone ever asked anyone out. We just started hanging out, and things progressed from there.

How old are each of you?

I'm 30 and Mr. H-B is 25. I'm such cradle-robber or cougar, whichever you prefer.

Whose siblings do you see the most?

Definitely Mr. H-B's, but that's only because we live less than two hours from both of them. Mine are in Texas and New Mexico.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?

Me being a basket case on a, ahem, monthly basis.

Did you go to the same school?

No.

Are you from the same home town?

Nope. I'm from Nevada, he's a townie.

Who is smarter?

I'd say we are equally smart, just on different things. I am definitely more smart when it comes to languages and writing, but he's a whiz at math and physics. He's the computer guy and I'm great at practical things like organization.

Who is the most sensitive?

Depends. When I'm feeling moody, I am. When he's tired and sick of my moodiness, he is. I can be much more cutting with my remarks and it's something I am working on daily.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?


Fast food. We are on a tight budget--since we don't know how we're going to get through the summer--so a trip to McDonald's is quite a splurge.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?

New Mexico

Who has the craziest exes?

Neither of us. Well, there is mine that's in prison, but we never really dated seriously.

Who has the worst temper?

Without question, I do.

Who does the cooking?

I do, except for steak and stroganoff. Mr. H-B is a rockstar when it comes to beef.

Who is the neat-freak?

I am, but I am also incredibly lazy, so it ends up that I'm cranky about the clutter, but unwilling to get off my butt and do something about it.

Who is more stubborn?

Mr. H-B., when he thinks he's right.

Who hogs the bed?


We're pretty good at sharing--that's why we got a California King.

Who wakes up earlier?

I do, except the one time that I didn't and Mr. H-B thought I had died.

Where was your first date?


Mr. H-B says "the couch". We didn't go on a real date until we were about two weeks away from getting married. We went to Outback Steakhouse after spending the day hauling old cars away for scrap metal. We had extra money, so we treated ourselves.

Who is more jealous?

I don't think either of is a jealous person.

How long did it take to get serious?


About two weeks. We were both kind of like, "We've known each other for two years, we're not 17, let's just go for it."

Who eats more?


I eat more candy, he eats more of EVERYTHING ELSE. He eats at least twice what I do.

Who does the laundry?

I do. Mr. H-B does pretty well at washing and putting away underwear, socks and towels. He can't fold a t-shirt or jeans to save his life.

Who’s better with the computer?


Mr. H-B. 100%

Who drives when you are together?

We trade off. If it's dusk, Mr. H-B, because I have a really hard time seeing the lines on the road. If it's early in the morning, I do, because he's barely awake. The rest of the time, it's mostly him, but he's not proprietary about it.

6 comments:

Amina said...

Lol at we're not 17 anymore!!
I love hearing more about you and your hubby

Julie said...

I love a good meme! I like reading them almost as much as I like writing them.

Michelle said...

I am a cougar also! I am five years older than my husband! Cougars unite!!

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

Hooray for cougars!!

Janssen said...

Two states in common - Nevada AND Texas :)

I love the bit about being a basket case on a monthly basis. How true that is.

ferskner said...

I like it. Memes and you and Mr. H-B.