3.01.2010

Update

It's been a year and I finally miss blogging. I wasn't sure if it would ever happen. What I do know is that the year off was a nice break and I have a better perspective about the role that blogging should play in my life. I commit to not feeling guilty for wanting to express myself through words or photos. I commit to not feeling guilty for not wanting to blog.

So what have the Hass-Barks been up to? Not all that much actually.

April 2009-March 2010
  • We moved into a two-bedroom apartment in the big city (if I feel especially motivated, I'll show you pictures of our lovely sloped ceilings--it feels very A Little Princess-y)
  • It took us three months to actually make the move--I stayed in town to teach and prepare our apartment for move-out while Mr. H-B lived in our new place with Greta and took classes (It was a very long three months, but we got over 75% of our deposit back because of my spackling and painting skills)
  • We attempted to cut Greta's hair with somewhat disastrous consequences
  • I took and passed my PhD qualifying exams
  • We spent Christmas with Mr. H-B's family--my first Christmas away from my family (with the exception of two Christmases in Chile)--and it was divine to not travel in December
  • I got a sewing machine for Christmas
  • I successfully sewed something in January (photos to come)
  • I made my first quilt (photos to come)
  • I learned about FlyLady and Unclutterer and changed the way I approach work of all varieties
  • I decided to blog again
We look the same, we still like each other, and Greta is still entertaining us with all of her antics.

It feels good to be back.

9 comments:

No beans Ten said...

I glad you're back! I've been contemplating coming back myself with a new updated look. We'll see. I haven't committed yet, but maybe you will be my inspiration (like so many times previously)!

Señora H-B said...

Thanks for commenting! I was wondering if anyone would still be around. Hooray for fans!

(You should definitely come back.)

Jena said...

Oh, I am so glad... I'll be looking forward to future blogs!

Señora H-B said...

Thanks!

Amina said...

YAY!! you're back!! Looking forward to reading your blog posts!

ferskner said...

Dreams DO come true! Because, yes, your return to blogging was my dream.

Two things I love: that you called it the "big city" and that you also read Alinea at Home.

Señora H-B said...

Amina--Thanks! I'll try to be entertaining. ;)

ferskner--haha. Big city.... I love Alinea at Home! It's my new favorite. The writer is very funny.

Kim said...

Yay. I've missed reading about all your fun. Although, I understand. I often feel like taking a somewhat permanent break from my little blog. And I don't even put all that much effort into it. :)

Señora H-B said...

It definitely gets overwhelming when you feel like you HAVE to blog. I hope it doesn't get that way again, but I'm not opposed to another break. :)