So what have the Hass-Barks been up to? Not all that much actually.
April 2009-March 2010
- We moved into a two-bedroom apartment in the big city (if I feel especially motivated, I'll show you pictures of our lovely sloped ceilings--it feels very A Little Princess-y)
- It took us three months to actually make the move--I stayed in town to teach and prepare our apartment for move-out while Mr. H-B lived in our new place with Greta and took classes (It was a very long three months, but we got over 75% of our deposit back because of my spackling and painting skills)
- We attempted to cut Greta's hair with somewhat disastrous consequences
- I took and passed my PhD qualifying exams
- We spent Christmas with Mr. H-B's family--my first Christmas away from my family (with the exception of two Christmases in Chile)--and it was divine to not travel in December
- I got a sewing machine for Christmas
- I successfully sewed something in January (photos to come)
- I made my first quilt (photos to come)
- I learned about FlyLady and Unclutterer and changed the way I approach work of all varieties
- I decided to blog again
It feels good to be back.