4.16.2010

Cloth Napkins

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I've been trying to cut back on our use of paper products around the Hass-Bark house in order to be a little more green and, well, honestly, to save money. We go through very few paper towels since I overcame my aversion to wiping things up with a cloth. I made some reusable swiffer pads (they're still a work in progress--they're not great and I need to figure out why). I figured the next step was to quit using paper napkins. I have about 5 yards of the brown fabric* left over from our wedding, so I re-purposed some of it and made these handy cloth napkins. The other side is white muslin, so they're double thick. so far, they're kind of awesome.

What have you done to be more green and/or save money recently?

*This will not be the last time this fabric shows up. There's still at least 2 yards left to be made into a quilt.

1 comment:

Aunt Spicy said...

that fabric is just fabulous and perfect for napkins! love it!