4.28.2010

End-of-the-semester Blues

When I finished my PhD coursework, I naively thought that the end of the semester would get easier. Then I scheduled my qualifying exam oral defense for the first day of finals week during last fall semester. So, yeah, that was awful.

This semester, I swore I wouldn't leave things until the end of the semester but, well, here I am at 7:40 in the evening, sucking down my third caffeinated beverage of the day and preparing for an all-nighter. Am I a thrill-seeking procrastinator?

Seriously, though. Why did I put off getting my institutional review board materials together until the absolute last moment possible?

2 comments:

Th. said...

.

Sounds awesome.

But why are you reading this comment?

GET BACK TO WORK!

Señora H-B said...

You'll be pleased to know that I did, indeed, get back to work!