4.02.2010

Ladybug Quilt


As I previously mentioned, Mr. H-B and I will be welcoming two new nephews and a niece in the next month or so. I made burp cloths for my nephews since my sewing skills don't match up to my sister-in-law's. However, I decided to make this quilt for Mr. H-B's sister-in-law. When I started it, she wasn't sure what she was having. For some reason, I thought ladybugs were gender-neutral. Ha! Good thing Baby B is a girl...

This quilt top is the first one I ever finished piecing. It is the second quilt top I cut incorrectly, forcing me to piece together blocks that should have been solid. I was concerned that it wouldn't ever look quite right. It's definitely not perfect, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. I like the way the different fabrics look together, though I think the greens are muddy on the front. If I were doing it over again, I would use the swirly green fabric for the quilt back and replace it with a white and red fabric on the front.


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the lady bugs. And I think it's totally gender neutral.

Sarah said...

Yikes-two typos in one comment. Don't tell anyone I used to proofread!

ferskner said...

Yeah!!!! So cute!

Señora H-B said...

Thanks, guys!