5.17.2010

The Consumption

As it turns out, one of us is a huge baby about being sick. The other one is startlingly unsympathetic to the whiner. I'll give you a second to figure out who the unsympathetic one is.

Oh, that's right, it's me.

I'm sorry you're sick, but get off the couch and unload the dishwasher!

I think in an effort to teach me a lesson about being nice to Mr. H-B when he's sick, the Fates have given me a quadruple dose of whatever nasty little germies he managed to bring home from school with him. Wait, I'm the one with the students...maybe a double does of the germies I brought home from school? But I digress.

I'll see your sore throat and raise you double earaches and a fever! And a dissertation proposal in progress. (Dissertation proposal trumps sore throat anyway.)

Next time he's sick, maybe I'll be nicer.

Thanks, Mr. H-B for letting me order stinky Chinese food and bringing me lemon-lime soda and letting me watch horrible, horrible television programs like Desperate Housewives. I think I'll keep you.

No comments: