5.07.2010

Dissertation Proposals Induce Procrastination


I'm in the process of preparing my dissertation proposal and, let me tell you, I am becoming the queen of procrastination. I have completed two quilt tops and made another pile of burp cloths and receiving blankets. I also ordered the walking foot and 1/4-inch piecing foot for my sewing machine so I can procrastinate even more.

The good news is that my study protocol was approved by the institutional review board, so there's that. Of course, since I left it until the last minute, I'll have to file an ammendment next week because I found so many delightful mistakes. The important thing is that my subjects will be able to take their pre-test on Tuesday morning. Speaking of which, holy cow am I turning into a basket case about the pre-test. The participants have to record themselves in a lab on campus. Last time I did this, it was a complete disaster (I lost 50% of the recordings). I've scheduled a whole day to go in an test computers, but still.

What if EVERYTHING goes wrong? What if there's a tornado and the power goes out? What if my building gets struck by lightning?

You just never can tell.

3 comments:

Grandma H said...

Breathe deeply... in and out. Calm yourself and quit procrastinating! Where did you learn to put things off? HA HA

GusF_Finkbeiner1209 said...

TAHNKS FOR YOUR SHARING~~~VERY NICE ........................................

Señora H-B said...

You know...I don't know...MOM!