8.12.2010

Motivation: Found

Besides a two-week jaunt to the Land of Enchantment to visit the H side of the family, I've been focused on my dissertation proposal. I managed to read quite a bit on my topic while on vacation--something that has never happened before. When we got back, I thought I had a week to write the whole proposal. By the end of the week, I knew I wasn't going to finish, but I managed to eke out a solid 70 pages of writing. Imagine my delight to discover that I, in fact, had another whole week to write before my deadline. 106 pages (including references) and 29,000 words later, I turned in the first draft to my advisor.

I'm working this week to brush up some meta-analysis of the previous research in the field and a few other things, but it is a huge relief to have it out of my inbox and into someone else's.

So that's what I've been up to. How about you?

1 comment:

Amina said...

wooooow!! I need your motivation!
I've just been sitting on my couch procrastinating! Since I've turned in my reading list draft, I try to read...really TRY..lol
and procrastinate...
congrats on turning in your paper!