1.21.2011

Day 1--Photo and Facts


  1. I'm a Mormon
  2. I love languages. I speak Spanish and English and enjoy studying many other languages. 
  3. I have lived in the US, Peru, Chile, and Spain. 
  4. I recently learned to sew and have become somewhat obsessed with it. 
  5. I love to cook and bake. Many of my current favorite recipes come from America's Test Kitchen.
  6. I have been married to Mr. H-B for 2 years, 5 months, and 9 days. (But who's counting?)
  7. I have owned Greta for 4 years, 7 months, and 1 day. 
  8. I am 5 (out of 6) dissertation chapters away from a PhD in Spanish linguistics. I can't wait to finish!
  9. I eat grapefruits like an orange. I peel them and eat them in sections. I hate being squirted in the eye by grapefruit halves, plus I like the portability of taking a grapefruit to school. It's a little messy, but delicious. 
  10. I have learned to love the Midwest. In fact, I really hope that I can get a job in the Midwest when my schooling is finished. This is something I never in a million years thought I would say. 
  11. My favorite book of all time is A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I used to dream of being rescued by a mysterious Indian man, especially when my loving parents made us do chores. 
  12. I have a slight obsession with organization and decluttering. I love getting rid of things. 
  13. I play the organ for our church congregation. My piano and organ skills have improved immensely in the last 18 months, but I'm still terrified of the organ pedals. Thank heaven for the bass coupler. I want to learn to use the pedals, but I'm extremely uncoordinated. 
  14. Sometimes Mr. H-B and I communicate exclusively in Simpsons quotes. 
  15. I love lists (but this one was harder to make than I thought). I have lists of groceries, books to read, movies to watch, movies I have watched, lists of lists. 

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I liked reading this, Ms Hass-Bark. I think you're such a fabulous and interesting person. I'm sorry I live so far away from you!

Señora H-B said...

You're so sweet! I wish we lived closer! Some day....

Smith: Reads. Laughs. Overthinks. said...

Oh the midwest. I have a love/hate relationship with good ol' IL where I grew up.

Señora H-B said...

You know, sometimes I love it (as a future post may or may not indicate...) and sometimes I really, really hate it. Today I love it. We'll see how I feel tomorrow...