1.29.2011

Day 9--Something I'm Proud of

I purchased our sofa and arm chair as a set from S*m's Cl*b when I moved into my first apartment by myself. I think I spent $350 for the pair. The arm chair has chew marks on one edge from a teething puppy and the sofa is where Mr. H-B and I decided to get married. The furniture still looks fine, but the cushions have collapsed a lot over the last six years (I know, that's what I get for buying cheap furniture from evil S*am's Cl*ub...). 

In the last few months, my legs have started falling asleep when I sit on the couch or chair because the cushions have flattened to the point that the frame hit the back of my knees. It quite literally cramped my style when I wanted to spend hours grading and watching movies. 

A week ago, I ordered a 10-foot roll of 2-inch foam for $35. It arrived Tuesday and it took about an hour to cut it and put it in the cushions. The couches look renewed, my legs aren't numb, and my fingers are crossed the the furniture will hold out for another year or so. At that point, I think we'll shell out a little more and buy new cushions since the frames and upholstery are still in great shape. 

I'm pretty proud of myself for figuring out how to make the couches a little more comfortable!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I'm so glad to be following your blog again, and I'm loving your daily blogs.

Also, I'm totally impressed with your cushion revitalization!

Señora H-B said...

Thanks! I'm glad to have you back!!