1.05.2011

Funny Quotes I Love

The Hass-Barks are a quote-loving people. In fact, Mr. H-B and I often communicate in a mixture of our own inside joke lines and lines from the Simpsons and Arrested Development. What can I say? We probably watch too much TV. Here are some gems that I love: 


Arrested Development
"Everyone is laughing, and riding, and cornholing, except Buster."

"My name is Dr. Tobias Fünke. I was Chief Resident of psychiatry at Mass General for two years and I did my fellowship in psycholinguistics at MIT. And this is 'I'm a Bad, Bad Man' from Annie Get Your Gun."



"Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?"



Modern Family
"I don't get how one dog keeps you awake when you grew up sleeping through cock fights and revolutions."



Mean Girls
"That's why her hair is so big, it's full of secrets."



X-Files "Arcadia"
"Woman! Get back in here and make me a sandwich!"


The Office
"Gift baskets are the essence of class and fanciness"

"Would a liar bring mini Mounds bars?"

The Simpsons

"You better settle down, boy, or I'll drag you into the blindspot of that security camera and beat you with one of those big, thick women's magazines with all the ads in it."


"Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!"


"I'm a lucky woman."
"...and I'm a wonderful man"



Elf 


"I'm sorry I ruined your lives and crammed 11 cookies into the VCR."
-Elf



What are your favorite quotes--movie, television, books? 

6 comments:

Cathryn said...

There are just so many great Arrested Development quotes, basically the entire show. I will digress, however, and quote some 30 Rock.

"Your cologne smells expensive"
"Thanks, it was distilled from the bilge water of Rupert Murdoch's yacht."

Julie said...

We are definitely quote communicators too! I've thrown out the "make me a sandwich" line several times and we often declare to be the essence of class and fanciness. We also frequently quote various Beyonce lines from Obsessed, some that aren't actually in the movie--"Imma call Jay-Z!" most notably.

So many quotes, so little time.

Señora H-B said...

Cathryn--Ha! I can't believe I didn't remember 30 Rock quotes. Hilarious.

Julie--So true. Quoting may be the key to a happy relationship.

Kelly said...

"I'm a lucky woman."
"...and I'm a wonderful man"

This one comes up a lot in our home. Which I'm sure shocks you immensely.

Kelly said...

PS Based on your quotes (and the addition of 30 Rock in the comments) I wish we lived closer to you guys.

Señora H-B said...

Kelly--Someday...someday...