2.02.2011

Day 12--Why I Blog


I don't remember the precise moment I learned about blogging, but it was sometime during late 2003 or early 2004. During the summer of 2004, Boston hosted the Democratic National Convention. The first post I ever wrote (back on my now defunct Miss Hass blog) was about the convention. The media went berserk about how awful the traffic would be. People were encouraged to go out of town if they wanted to avoid awful traffic. In fact, many companies closed their doors for the week of the convention. My company did not, so I stayed with a friend in an apartment closer to my job. The city felt a little apocalyptic; there were no traffic jams in sight. I don't remember what I wrote, precisely, just that it was a complaint about all of the hype.

I've blogged off and on for the last six-and-a-half years. I've taken short breaks and a year-long break, but I always come back. I like blogging. I like the internet friends that I've made through this medium. Will I blog forever? Who knows. For now, though, I like it.

2 comments:

Camie said...

I have LOVED your daily blogs--I look forward to them! Just wondering--have you ever printed a book of your blogs over the last 6.5 years?? I just celebrated my 5th anniversary of blogging, and I'm working on my book for last year!

Señora H-B said...

Thanks!

I haven't ever published a book of them. I need to for sure! I have all of the posts from my old blogs in a word document, but it's not the same!