2.08.2011

Day 18--Bucket List

I think I've said enough about general goals this year, so I thought I'd copy my friend and write a bucket list of experiences I'd like to have. Here's a list of 10 in no particular order. 


1. Visit the Louvre with time (and energy) enough to see everything I want to. There's just so much to see! 


2. Hike in the Karakoram. Thanks, Greg Mortenson, for inspiring this crazy dream. I love the mountains and I've always wanted to go to Asia. I can kill two birds with this one stone. 


3. Eat at a Craft restaurant. Mr. H-B and I have developed a chef crush on Tom Colicchio after several seasons of Top Chef. I want to know what the man's cooking tastes like after hearing his constructive criticisms of numerous chefs.


4. Ride in a hot air balloon at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. I've loved balloons since seeing the Great Reno Balloon Race when I was a kid. They are incredible. I love the colors and the way they look against the sky.


5. Go to Egypt. FINALLY. It's been my dream to visit the Pyramids since I was an 8-year-old girl creating a film strip about the mummification process (no one ever said I was a normal child...).



6. Learn Arabic. It looks beautiful when written and I would love to better understand its influence on Spanish.



7. Play the organ in the Tabernacle on Temple Square. First I'll need to get over my fear of the foot pedals.


8. Learn to make perfect croissants. I'll eat delicious sandwiches on them and fill them with whipped cream. Yum!


9. Win a blue ribbon for a quilt I've made (not this one, but maybe another).



10. Walk across the stage at graduation to collect my PhD diploma.

No comments: