2.20.2011

Day 29--Must See TV...

Look, I'll admit it: I watch a lot of TV. I find it relaxing, an excellent way to shut my brain off after a day of brutally, excruciatingly boring academic reading. I'm sure I could find other outlets (exercise, sudoku puzzles, sewing), but this is working for now.

Without further ado, my current favorites (in no particular order)

Veronica Mars: Yes, it's long since been cancelled, but I enjoy re-watching all of the episodes. I love spunky Veronica and sulky Logan the best.

Arrested Development: Another cancelled gem. I love me some crabby Lucille. Also Michael. "Has anyone in this family even seen a chicken?" (Plus, bonus! Spot the cross-network promotion between VM and AD.)


Modern Family: A most adequate replacement for The Office, which I'm starting to dislike as time goes on. Sofia Vergara kills me every time. "Don't you give me an old tomato."


Criminal Minds: This one's totally disturbing. Mr. H-B has forbidden me to watch it within an hour of going to bed because I'll often wake up screaming from horrible dreams. I also like to imagine Fat Tony saying all of Joe Mantegna's lines.


Brothers & Sisters: Family drama. But really, it's all about Sally Field. Okay, fine, and Dave Annable.


Desperate Housewives (oh, stop cringing, DAD): I've been hooked for a long time. It's shameful, but what can you do?


Community: Completely weird. Completely wonderful.


I also confess I've recently been watching some Star Trek: Next Generation and not hating it. Thanks, Mr. H-B, for making me an even bigger nerd than I already was.

Now that I've shared my (shameful) favorites, what are you go-to shows?

10 comments:

Ryan said...

Star Trek TNG is classic. I would say that I am a huge fan of Fringe lately. Juliana and I watch Modern Family, and Castle together and absolutely love them both. I really like Extreme Makeover Home Edition, but in moderation. It's almost too sticky-sweet for a continuous diet of it. I would also add Arrested Development to my list, and las but definitely not least...Firefly. It is a cancelled gem, but super enjoyable and classic. I am sure your husband would love it if he hasn't seen it already.

Julie said...

I just finished rewatching all of VM again. It's been a long time and I had forgotten about a lot of really awesome things that happened. Logan is the best, and Veronica might be one of my all time favorite female characters in anything.

My top show is Battlestar Galactica. It is just the best. The best! My other favorite is Firefly. It has such great characters, and it's so quotable.

Señora H-B said...

Ryan--I agree with you on Extreme Makeover. I watch it every now and then. My obsession comes and goes. I keep forgetting about Castle. I need to put a subscription on the TiVo. Mr. H-B really likes Fringe (when he remembers to watch it.

Julie--Agreed on VM. I think she's fabulous.

Alright, that's two votes for Firefly. We're going to have to check it out.

melissa said...

Sick of you, NO WAY! I love reading your posts. Whenever I finish one, I'm inspired to write one of my own (like your 30-day thing) but then I just keep reading blogs instead of write on my own... Apologies to my readers. And one of my TV vices is... The Bachelor/ette. I can't help it! It's horrible TV, I know. I also love AD, Castle, Modern Family, Community, 30 Rock (it's the new AD for me - totally awesome and ridiculous), The Good Wife, and Jake and I are considering starting the Big Love series. It's one of those things that I don't love but I can't look away. There, I shared!

Alicia said...

I have to admit that I LOVE VM too!!!! Jon and I found it on netflix and watched every show!!!

Señora H-B said...

So many votes for Castle! Okay, I need to put it back in the TiVo line up.

Melissa--I also love The Good Wife. Do you watch Parenthood? I think it's pretty good too.

Alicia--I'm so glad. It's such an awesome show!

Kelly said...

Jason and I watched all of Star Trek TNG about a year ago (we always have a show we're working our way through) and reveled in our geekiness.

And, yes, defintiely check out Firefly. Then you'll be sad with the rest of us that it was canceled, though the intergalactic hooker on Firefly is now the lizard queen on V, so there's that.

Also, LOVE Community. There aren't a lot of show that make us laugh every week.

Another old favorite, along with Arrested Development, is Northern Exposure. Yes, it came out in the early 90's, but it is still fabulous.

Señora H-B said...

I'll have you all know that Firefly is officially in our Netflix queue, ready for our watching. I'm totally excited!

cat+tadd=sam said...

Thank you for loving Veronica Mars. Can't tell you how sad I was when it was cancelled. Of course I rewatch it once every year or two.

Señora H-B said...

I actually just started my annual re-watch of Veronica Mars. It's so good!