3.03.2011

101 in 1001 Days--End of Month 2


10. Listen to a conference talk on each morning commute

I was doing great on this goal until the combination of a lousy tape player and an uncooperative cellphone (my current mp3 player) thwarted my efforts. I'm listening to a book on CD (Treasure Island) and reevaluating this goal.

11. Pray as a couple 5 times a week for a month (20/20)

February was a tough month for many reasons. Praying together really helped us to be more aware of our needs and the needs of others in our lives. 

12. Family Home Evening every Monday for 3 months (1/3)

This has been a hard habit for us to establish, but we're working through a lesson manual this time around. It helps a lot!

16. Print wedding photos

I finally loaded all of our wedding pictures from a DVD to a computer where they'll be accessible. I also started working on a blurb book of our wedding. There's hope that we'll actually use the pictures!

41. February no-spend month

This was a complete disaster. I think we spent more on miscellaneous expenses this month than in the past three or four months. We'll try again in March. 

46. Save all of my Swagbucks Amazon gift cards

I'm up to $32 (I spent $20 on Mr. H-B's Valentine gift) of free money!

54 & 55. Skim academic journals monthly/quarterly

I didn't read any more than the abstracts of the articles, but I'm a little more aware of what is going on in my field. 

71. Organize photos

While I was uploading our wedding photos to my computer, I organized all of the photos. I deleted a LOT of dud photos in the process. I also uploaded everything to Picasa so I can access them from anywhere--hooray for blogging from the balcony.

84. Cook 1 new recipe from each issue of Cook's Illustrated

Last Friday I tried the thin crust pizza recipe from the January/February 2010 issue. I was really happy with the crust recipe I was using, but I'm converted to this one. The crust wasn't thin and crisp by any stretch of the imagination, but it was chewy and had great flavor. 

86. Blog every day for 30 days (30/30)

Ta-da! It feels good to be back in a blogging routine. 

92. Host 3 parties (1/3)

I love Oscar parties. It's fun to eat finger foods and talk to friends while criticizing movies and fashion. 

93-96. I made ZERO progress on my book and movie goals. I'm stuck on the book Atonement. I'm so frustrated that I'm having such a hard time getting through it. I'm listening to Treasure Island as I commute. I'm hoping for a better month next month. 

98. Do a manicure and pedicure once a month (1/32)

I missed January, but I had shiny red toenails for February. I also painted my fingernails. Unfortunately, I was allergic to the color I used, so it didn't last long at all. 

I have lots of goals in the queue for March. I'm going to read more and watch more movies. I'm also planning to give up soda or sugar for the period of Lent, so I'll cross that off the list. Finally, it's warm enough to walk with Greta each day, so we'll see how that goes. 

I like having goals that I can accomplish in this extended time period. I don't feel terrible for not doing things perfectly. Hooray!

No comments: