- I currently have bright pink toenails. I painted them cotton candy pink today and they make my feet look tan (ha! less pasty, let's be honest here). I am in love with brilliantly-painted toenails. They can be covered up in a professional attire emergency and they're not as in-your-face as brightly-colored fingernails. Plus, my fingernails are just wimpy, causing every polish I've ever tried to crack and peel.
- One of the perks of having chosen to go the diamond-less route re: wedding jewelry is that I can change up my choice of ring with no guilt about not wearing Nana Prissy-Pants' heirloom diamond (or the Kay Jewelry special, as the case may be). My three-dollar handmade Peruvian silver band (doesn't that sound fancy? it's not) split on the solder line a few weeks ago. Even though the band is engraved, I felt no sadness and might even have skipped a bit for joy at the prospect of picking out a new wedding ring. Is that bad?
- I decided to give myself a two-week vacation from school work. No grading. No dissertating. No thinking about job market woes. Last week Mr. H-B and I traveled with some friends to an amusement/water park for the day. I am still sore from my roller coaster ride, but it was totally worth the pain and sunburn for a day away from the stresses of our real lives.
- I also sewed 21 baby blankets last week. They are double-sided (mostly flannel backed with quilting cotton). That means I had 42 WHOLE YARDS of fabric in my stash. Out of control, friends. Out of control.
- This week I was afflicted with my new summer illness of choice: swollen soft palate, uvula, and Eustachian tubes resulting in the most excruciating sore throat, along with a fever and general malaise. The perils of not having tonsils, I suppose. I have spent the last three days taking it easy (no mean feat for an OCD perfectionist, let me tell you). For the first time in recent memory, I did nothing. I watched Netflix, ate frozen grapes, and napped. I believe I am now eligible for world-champion-level napping.
It's 3:12am in Hass-Bark land. Mr. H-B is snoring softly. Greta is whimpering and twitching, chasing imaginary bunnies in a fantasy land. I'm wide awake. Listening to brown noise on my white noise app. The brown noise is less...noisy. I've already taken 1/2 a Xanax (blessed be its name)...and...nothing. Maybe sleep isn't in the cards for me tonight. How about some detailed facts, selected at random?