8.15.2011

21 Day Challenge--Day 1 (Re-mix)

Day 1 of the 21-Day Challenge -- Re-mix an item of clothing. I'm choosing my basic black skirt to re-mix. I wear a lot of skirts in the summer. I hate the way I look in shorts, plus skirts are so breezy here in the Midwest heat. Apologies for the crappy phone camera picture. My camera is at my in-laws and I'm at home. 
Shirt--TJ Maxx; Skirt & Hot Pink flats--Walmart
Bracelet & Earrings--Target
I'm totally sporting a sock bun, but you can't see it.

I confess that I have been extremely anxious about posting pictures of myself on the internet. I have had body image issues for...basically my whole life. However, I decided to just go for this! I can't wait to see what other people wear for more inspiration.


Edited to add the above picture of my bracelet. I love this piece of jewelry. It's stretchy, so it's easy to wear. It's also a statement piece.

16 comments:

Cathryn said...

I love the shirt, you've always got so much style. What's on your wrist? Is it a watch or bracelet?

MaryClaire said...

you're gorgeous maria! and you look fabulous. can't wait to see all the great outfits you come up with.

Ali said...

The grey of your shirt is gorgeous- it looks so good on you!

Also, skirts in the summer is about the best think ever. Pants are too hot!

Jamie said...

I love your outfit! I'm a sucker for anything embellished with rosettes. You look great, and I'm excited to join you in this challenge the next few weeks!

Señora H-B said...

Oh my goodness, what an ego boost! Thank you all!!

The wrist thing is a bracelet. I need to take an up-close picture of my jewelry.

Kayla said...

I love it! Skirts are the BEST for summer, aren't they? And that bracelet really is so pretty. Great start!!

Kassie said...

You look good! I like your skirt and bracelet!
Good job on aiming to conquer body image by doing this challenge! You go girl!

Amina said...

You look beautiful!!! I love the outfit!

retrohipmama said...

Love it with the grey and hot pink together! basic black, there's nothing wrong with that. You look gorgeous!

Nemesis said...

I too am a big fan of skirts in the summer. They are so breezy!

Katie said...

Great outfit!! I'm excited to see what else you put together.

becoming teacher misty said...

Beautiful outfit! There is so much you can do with a black skirt, so great remix choice!

A Sharing Lettuce said...

Love the red shoes! you look great.

Natalie | The Bobby Pin said...

i love the bracelet! And a black skirt is a great idea for the remix!

Lisa said...

I love your bracelet! How is that stretchy?

I choose a skirt for my item as well.

Kayla said...

Just wanted you to know that I can see how many clicks each submitted link has gotten from my blog and yours is one of the highest from day 1. Way to be!