8.16.2011

21 Day Challenge--Day 2 (Tuck it in)

Holy hell-in-a-handbasket, I was dreading this day of the challenge. I haven't tucked a shirt in since I was a missionary in Chile. From November 1999-April 2001. If you're math-challenged like I am, that was over 10 years ago. But as I mentioned before, I am seriously motivated by prizes, so here goes:

T-shirt-Wal-mart, Skirt-Wal-mart (remixed!)
Necklace-gifted, Sandals- Born BOC (TJ Maxx)

Again, apologies for the crap-tastic picture. I have been reunited with my camera but, alas, the battery is deader than a doornail. I must also confess that I immediately put my hair in a ponytail because it is too hot to wear my hair down. What was I thinking!?

But here's the thing: I actually kind of like the tuck-in. The self-portrait doesn't show that the shirt actually lays better tucked in. I have a waist!

12 comments:

Natalie | The Bobby Pin said...

I think it looks great! I wonder what it would look like if you played more around your natural waist, you know?

Lisa said...

I have not even gotten dressed today. I can't remember the last time I tucked in.

Señora H-B said...

Natalie--I'm actually looking forward to the belting day. I've been afraid of belts because I for some reason think they'll make me look hippier/chubbier. Maybe they'll just make me look more like I have a shape. We shall see.

Nemesis said...

Heck yeah you have a waist. I too was dreading the tucking-in day. I only do it when I have a job interview, ugh!

Did get dressed, but won't be able to take a picture until this afternoon.

retrohipmama said...

Yeah girl, you can totally pull off the tuck-in! Very cute!!!!
i'm dreading tomorrow...mixing patterns? so NOT my thing. are you prepared for it?
have a good day!

Charlotte said...

Oh man...I'm not a tucker either.

So...is there anything we are supposed to do to help you win the prize? Like vote or something?

Jamie said...

Yep, I love that shirt/skirt combo. It looks great tucked in. Way to go!

April said...

Maria - I am so happy that you are doing this challenge. I can actually see pictures of you. It brings me joy and makes me miss you from the college days and fam reunion days alike. Love your outfits! The gray tj Mac shirt is super cute. I am glad to see that others get their clothes at target & walmart too.

Lydia said...

Haha. I totally felt the same way about this prompt. Seeing the tuck-in trend resurface made me break out in a cold sweat, but having conquered it today we all deserve a gold star. Well done.

Katie said...

The Tuck in wasn't as bad as we all thought huh?! Great job! A belt definitely would take this outfit to the next level. There's gotta be a challenge in this 21 day challenge that involves a belt. I think you could rock the belt.

Kayla said...

I LIKE it! And your makeup looks fantastic, by the way. Or maybe it's the heat? Either way, your cheeks are so perfectly rosy.

Señora H-B said...

You guys make me feel so good!! This is the most fun I've had blogging in a long time.