8.18.2011

21 Day Challenge--Day 4 (Color Block)

This challenge wasn't very scary for me. I wear a lot of solid colors and have even been known to be brave with my combinations. Today's outfit features a new sweater, in a color I have never worn before. I tend to stick to pinks, purples, and the occasional blue in my clothing choices. Green is a new one for me.
Glasses - Costco*
Sweater - Lane Bryant
White tank - Fashion Bug
Black skirt - Walmart (Remixed again!*)
Red flats - Walmart
Necklace - Target*
Camera - Nikon D40x (via awesome parents)

A few stories now:

*Glasses--My sister had a corneal abrasion last Christmas after something got caught in her contact. The abrasion became an ulcer and she can no longer wear contacts. I wore my lenses for WAY too long yesterday. When I got home last night, my right eye was burning, watering, and hurting, all symptoms my sister had described. I decided not to chance anything today.

*Necklace--I bought this necklace 5-6 years ago. It was strung on stretchy elastic. The first time I put it on, it literally exploded all over the kitchen and living room. I spent a good hour crawling around the floor, gathering beads. I restrung the necklace and put in a clasp and we've been best friends ever since.

*If you're keeping track, this is the third time I've managed to mix this skirt in this challenge. Maybe my challenge needs to be to not wear this skirt every day...

6 comments:

Kim said...

I love this combination! You look so cute!!! I'm a fan of solid colors more than any other type, I think. Especially deep colors, like that green. Very pretty.

Kelly said...

The green looks very pretty on you! (I actually have a little bit of a green problem, so my perspective might be a little skewed. One of these days I'm going to take a picture of all my green tops, sweaters and bags and reveal my obssession to the internets.)

Amina said...

I looove it! Green looks great on you

Elizabeth said...

Mania, it's so good to see YOU on your blog! You're beautiful, truly beautiful! love and miss you!

xoxo, lizzie

Meredith said...

love it!! green is a go, lady:)
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

Lisa said...

You need a close up of that necklace!