8.12.2011

Happy Anniversary

These pictures are a bit of a cheat since they're from our wedding reception, which was held two days after we got married. They're pretty, though, so I'm sharing them. 

Three years ago today I said, "Yes," to the most important question anyone has ever asked me (no, it wasn't, "Do you want fries with that?") These have been the most difficult, most wonderful three years of my life. I've always been just a *little* bit independent (haha). I didn't realize how much I could need someone to be around, to bounce ideas off of, to tell me that I can finish my dissertation, until Mr. H-B came along. I waited quite awhile to find him, but it was worth it.

I'm pretty sure this was right before we discovered I was standing on a yellow jacket nest...

Marriage has certainly not been easy (see above re: independence). We've struggled through my depression and anxiety and through Mr. H-B's own health problems. We've worked hard to pay off my massive credit card debt while being students. We've dealt with car and school and family crises, sometimes with grace and other times with a lot of raised voices and tears. Still, I'm glad that I get to share this journey with Mr. H-B.

Poor Mr. H-B was sick as a dog at our wedding reception, hence the sweaty hair.
Happy Anniversary! I love you.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Beautifully said. Congratulations!

Meredith said...

love it! congrats! :)
YOURS, MINE AND OURS