9.04.2011

21 Day Challenge--Day 21 (Work It!)

I decided to work with a few pieces you've seen before to make today's outfit. I got a haircut earlier this week (losing 1.5 inches--a lot more than I wanted to...), so my hair looks better than it has in a while. 


Cardigan - Lane Bryant
Necklace, Bracelets, Belt, Skirt, T-Shirt - Walmart
Wedges - Lands' End

Earrings - Elsa Peretti for Tiffany
I exchanged a going-away present from my last real job for these earrings. The original present was a heart-shaped necklace, lovely but not my style. I had been coveting these earrings for a long time. I'm so glad I own them; I probably wear them twice a week.

So that's it! 21 days of the 21-day challenge. Through this challenge I've learned to embrace belts, layer more, and to be less self-conscious about the way I look. I feel better about myself, thanks to seeing pictures of myself and learning how to dress my shape a little better. Yay! Thanks, Kayla, for forcing me to the edge (and sometimes beyond) of my comfort zone.

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

This outfit looks great, and I LOVE those earrings!

I've loved following your challenge - great job and thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

Way to embrace you and what works and what doesn't. I think that's the best with seeing pictures of yourself, it's like the mirror lies sometimes, but pictures don't. You're outfits have all been so fun!

Lydia said...

I love your outfit! That green looks wonderful on you!

Señora H-B said...

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments!

Sarah in Indiana said...

I love the green on you, and the belt is very flattering. Pretty earrings!

Rebekah said...

I really like your necklace! Great touch!

bellas-gemelas said...

You look great Maria! I'm lucky to have such a beautiful older sister that everyone says I look like ;)