9.05.2011

Labor Day

For the first time since arriving at graduate school, I had Labor Day off. One time, we started school after Labor Day, but I don't really think that counts.... Today we went to the B family farm. Ms. Greta had the time of her life, I wore cute clothes and brought a yummy salad.

I think I'm addicted to posting outfit pictures...

T-shirt and bracelets - Walmart
Khakis, flats, and scarf - Lands' End
Watch - Target


I keep seeing this BLT salad all over Pinterest. It's apparently a Food Network recipe. It was as big a hit as I could expect a pasta salad to be with Mr. H-B's family. Let's just say that they're not really into new things... I thought the salad was really good, although I'd change a few things about it for the next time. I think I'd serve it on a bed of lettuce rather than mixing the lettuce in. I'd also use cherry tomatoes instead of chopping up whole tomatoes. However, how wrong can you really go with bacon? Answer: not at all.

So, tell me about your Labor Day. What did you do?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Okay, that picture is making my mouth water (the picture of the salad, that is, not you--although you look fantastic).

I love your daily outfit pics. You are inspiring me to stop dressing like a slob just because I work from home.

Spending Labor Day working in a jet lagged haze in Bangalore.

Señora H-B said...

haha!

The salad was really delicious. I'm looking forward to eating the leftovers for lunch and dinner today--especially because they don't have lettuce mixed in.

Amina said...

you look amaaazing!I love the daily outfits and it is really inspiring.
That scarf is gorgeous!

bellas-gemelas said...

I love your outfit! Very chic and cute :)