10.04.2011

Fall! It's Finally Here!

The summer in Indiana seemed to drag on forever. It was hot. It was simultaneously dry (well, dry for the Midwest) and sweltering. I wore my hair in styles that would make my mom's toes curls (she likes me better with bangs). I lived in jersey-knit skirts, t-shirts, and flip-flops. In fact, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to wear flip-flops for a very long time because my toes still feel weird.

But fall is here now. Indiana in the fall is breathtaking. The trees change to blazing shades of red and orange. Corn and soybean fields dry into golden stalks. Brilliant red cardinals flit about (and they're so much prettier than I ever imagined them to be). The geese return and people spill out onto patios, lawns, and sidewalks to enjoy the beautiful weather.

Five or six years ago my dad came to so that we could attend a Bob Dylan concert. We went to a festival and took this picture outside of one of Indiana's covered bridges. The way the sun hits the water still blows my mind (despite the poor quality of the picture).


3 comments:

Ruby Girl said...

I love fall too and am also from the midwest so get to experience the full range of seasons also! :) Love all the fun fall activities going on (just hit up an apple orchard on saturday!!) (PS-Want to win a pair of Cents of Style shoes of your choice? Enter on my blog today: www.rubygirlblog.com)

Sarah in Indiana said...

My favorite season is spring, but I have to admit fall its pretty great, too. On sunny days, everything seems like it's dipped in gold.

Señora H-B said...

Sarah - I totally agree with you on the gold. I'm sitting out at my in-laws' place today just soaking it in. It's spectacular.