3.29.2012

Celebration

How does one celebrate turning in a dissertation draft?

source
Mouth-open, drooling, snoring, 4-hour nap. Please note that I include the photo of the puppy to spare you the zombie look I've been sporting for the last two months.

We got Jimmy John's subs for dinner on Monday night. They were delicious. Especially after thriving on Excedrin and Twizzlers for the previous 48 hours.

I celebrated Tuesday by canceling my class and running errands I had been putting off for weeks.

Wednesday I ordered a new pizza stone.

Today, I celebrated by wearing make-up for the first time in at least six weeks. (I'm sorry mom, it's true, I've been going outside without my face on.)

What thrills will tomorrow bring?

6 comments:

ferskner said...

I'm sure you were JUST as cute as that puppy.

Señora H-B said...

Oh, yeah, can you imagine, Mr. H-B saying, "Babe, you're as cute as that puppy while you're sleeping" instead of "Baaaabe, you're snoring..."

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

YAY Maria! How wonderful! I am glad you are getting a nice break!

Cathryn said...

So, now that I'm a couple days late to the comment-party. How was the celebration? How are you feeling right now since it's all turned in?

Señora H-B said...

Thanks all!

Cathryn - I mostly feel pretty good. I'm applying for jobs now, so I haven't had too much time to think about it. I also have to present at a conference in a few weeks, so there's that....

Cathryn said...

I think you need a spa day!