3.07.2012

Light at the End of the Tunnel

source
My advisor said those words to me the other day. Well, what he actually said was, 'Parece que la luz del tunel ya se ve,' which is basically the same thing.

I turned in a draft of my last major dissertation chapter on Monday. I have all of the books I need to make revisions in my other chapters. Spring break is right on the horizon, which means I get an extra 10 hours of work time next week. I am starting to feel like this whole dissertation thing is actually doable. Hooray!

***

To celebrate my progress I cleaned my office, did two loads of dishes, vacuumed, brushed poor sad Greta, washed our kitchen and bathroom rugs, and took a really long nap. The sun was shining, I opened the windows, and had a really wonderful day. There's an end in sight. OH MY GOSH! There's an end in sight!

4 comments:

Amelia Hohl said...

Yay for the light at the end of the tunnel. I feel the exact same way! Justin is almost finished with his fellowship which will end a 10 year long training period and hopefully a wonderful new kind of life begins. I have to say that I have been happy through this whole thing, but I am excited to have the financial pressure lifted slightly and to have my husband be a part of our lives for a change. I want you to move out here and live next door to me. I miss you dear cousin.

ferskner said...

...you speak Spanish?

JK, this post fills me with glee!!!!!!

Grandma H said...

HOORAY!HOORAY!HOORAY! WE'RE SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

WOO HOO! Sounds wonderful! And I am SO glad you got a nap!