4.16.2012

End of Semester Panic

via


I just experienced what can only be described as a tidal wave of panic. I've been living in a little bit of a daze since I turned in my dissertation draft and had my first telephone interview (10 minutes, talked too fast but answered questions well, haven't heard back yet). Our apartment is clean, borderline immaculate (i.e., I mopped the floors, vacuumed the baseboards, and got rid of the crazy amounts of hard water on the walls of the shower).

However, I just realized that the last day of my class is 10 days away. Graduation is 18 days away. In old Miss Hass tradition, I present my end-of-semester to-do list:


  1. Meet with 18 students about their final papers/presentations
  2. Grade 18 four-page Spanish papers
  3. Grade 18 five-page Spanish final paper drafts
  4. Grade 18 7 five-page Spanish final papers
  5. Grade 18 9 5-7 minute oral presentations
  6. Prepare my conference presentation
  7. Organize registration for aforementioned conference (includes printing name tags, stickers, meal tickets, and reception tickets).
  8. Attend conference
  9. Turn in grades 
  10. Announce dissertation defense
  11. Clean the rest of our apartment before my parents visit
  12. Plan graduation open house, shop for food, set up
  13. Plan a medical preparedness activity for Relief Society
  14. Start preparing dissertation defense presentation
So there we go. I feel a tiny bit better about having had a total freak out over everything that needs to get done in the next few days. It's a little overwhelming.

4 comments:

ferskner said...

That's only 12 things! That's nothing for you!

Señora H-B said...

I should probably list each student's paper individually. ;)

Cathryn said...

Is this your last last last semester at IUB? It's awesome, but kind of sad at the same time! No more bad Spanish grammar to laugh about.

Señora H-B said...

It's my last semester as a student. I don't know where I'll be in the fall, though. Still waiting on job interview results...