5.21.2012

Defensive

via
My dissertation defense will be over in 48 hours. I finally began to panic about it this morning at 2am, when I awoke with a start and (stupidly) read an email from my advisor on my phone. He basically said that he has several questions about my dissertation, specifically about the organization of one of my chapters. Of course, I instantly went to worst case scenario - me sobbing at the front of the lecture hall while my committee screams at me about how stupidly I analyzed my data and organized my chapters. The reality is that I'm probably looking at major revisions instead of minor revisions but, really, I don't think that's the end of the world. Right?

I set out the most professional outfit I own. Have I mentioned that the last two semesters have wreaked havoc on the way my wardrobe fits (and not in a good way, if you know what I mean)? None of my jackets fit anymore, and I wouldn't dare try on my dress slacks right now. No one (not even me) wants to see me looking like an overstuffed bologna.... So I'm wearing a skirt and a cardigan with understated jewelry. I need to try to wear things that I won't fiddle with, making me look even more neurotic than I feel. Next up, choosing appropriate footwear.

I'm off to re-read my dissertation and revise my PowerPoint presentation. The end is near - I hope it's a good ending.

2 comments:

Amina said...

sending lots of positive vibes!!!! you are almost there!

Charlotte L said...

Soooo...how did it go???