6.12.2012

Baby Girls


Twenty-one years ago, my life changed in a way I never could have dreamed. My mom had my twin sisters L&M on June 12, 1991. I was 12 years old and beyond excited about having TWO baby sisters. Up to that point, it had just been me and my twin brothers (that's two sets of twins, if you're keeping track).

Despite their propensity to smear lipstick on my bedding, my sisters changed my life for the better. I could not have imagined that two girls, 12 years my junior, could become some of my closest and dearest friends. I love being able to talk to them.

My sister, M, is getting married later this summer and L is coming back with us to our house for super happy fun times in the Midwest. To say that I am excited to spend time with both of them would be a gross understatement.

Happy birthday, baby sisters!

5 comments:

Japolina said...

My mom and her only sister are 11 years apart and have such a great relationship. There is something about that age difference that is great.

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Oh how fun! I don't think I knew that there were two sets of twins in your family! I LOVE sisters. So glad you have two of them! I was on the way to have two sets of twins, Elden was a twin, but the other stopped developing (which all worked out well). Have a great time visiting with them this summer! Oh, and with packing...not many ideas. We did have a storage room in our last house that we put boxes in. So we could pack stuff early, but have it out of the way. Good luck with your move!

Amina said...

happy bday to your sisters!! enjoy your time with them :)

bellas-gemelas said...

This is possibly one of the sweetest things ever. Thank you for being such a great big sister. And thank you for being one of my closest friends as well.

bellas-gemelas said...

This is possibly one of the sweetest things ever. Thank you for being such a great big sister. And thank you for being one of my closest friends as well.