|not ours, but a close facsimile|
- 2008 - I replaced the air conditioner in the Camry before we got married.
- 2009 - We had transmission work done on the Accord; we had major suspension work done on the Camry
- 2010 - Mr. H-B replaced the air conditioner compressor in the Camry.
- 2011 - The Camry needed a new transmission and major suspension work, so we bought a new car.
- 2012 - I tried to start the Accord on Tuesday morning (the 12th) and couldn't. We decided it was the last straw.
Armed with our research, we headed out to various local dealerships to make our biggest purchase to date. We found what we were looking for at a local Ford dealership that specializes in used car sales. We chose a 2003 Ford Focus with just over 100,000 miles on it. It gets fantastic gas mileage, is very comfortable (especially because it has A/C and the Accord no longer did), and is in excellent condition. I think that an older woman owned the car before us, based on some handwriting in the owner's manual. Whoever s/he was, the upholstery and carpet are in immaculate shape. I was shocked, actually! We payed well under blue book for the car and are really happy with our purchase. I confess that I was very nervous to go through the car purchase process without my parents for the first time, but I think we did well.
What kinds of cars do you drive? How do you approach the repair and car buying experience? Am I the only one that gets thoroughly intimidated by it?