1.21.2013

New Year, New Focus


I've been reading a lot of self-help books lately. Books about procrastination, books about mindless eating, books about dissertation writing. In all this reading I've come to a few conclusions.

  1. Man, there is a self-help book for every possible issue imaginable, isn't there? 
  2. I am incredibly impulsive. I want to have fun now, tomorrow be damned. 
  3. I need to refocus my energies on things that I actually have control over.
  4. Oh, and I need to finish my BLEEPING dissertation. Enough. Seriously.  
I don't know what all of this means, though I'm confident that it means moving forward in a few areas of my life. Here's to a wonderful 2013 (only 21 days late....).


1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I hope it's an amazing new year for you!