3.20.2013

Suck It March 13-March 20 2013

Mr. H-B's grandmother passed away the afternoon of March 13 and her funeral services were this past weekend. She had been very ill for quite some time, so her passing wasn't completely out of the blue. Still, it was an emotional weekend for the B family.

My own grandfather passed away this afternoon after a long battle with cancer and severe dementia. He developed pneumonia last week and quickly slipped through the veil. In some ways, I am so sad because he is the last of all of the grandparents I will ever have. In other ways, I am so happy for him to be reunited with his wife and his family. I am sure that his reunion with her was unbelievably sweet and long-anticipated.

In the midst of all of this, I have been trying desperately to keep up with my teaching work as well as with my dissertation revisions. Needless to say, it hasn't been easy.

Oh, and then I did this yesterday:


That's right, I tripped and fell flat on my chest. IN A FREAKING MUD PUDDLE. Today I have a bruised ego, a ruined t-shirt, and a very sore arm and leg.

In summary, the last seven days can just go suck it.

2 comments:

Kim said...

So sorry, Maria! That's especially hard having two deaths of loved ones in such a short time. I'll be praying for you and thinking of you.

Charlotte L said...

I'm so sorry, Maria. It's so hard to lose loved ones, even if you do have the assurance that it was their time to go and that you'll see them again.

Here's to hoping April brings lots of good things your way!