In no particular order:
- Dogs. Our dogs are always thrilled to see us, even if one of us just ran to put the trash out in the garage. It's nice to feel so unconditionally loved.
- Netflix on our blu-ray player. I don't know why we were so resistant to changing from watching Netflix on our TiVo to watching it on the blu-ray player. All I know is that we were idiots.
- Hummus. Healthy, tasty, full of protein, and it requires no preparation (because I am FAR too lazy to make my own).
- Xanax. Since we're off the trying train for awhile, I can take advantage of pharmaceutical aids to help me get through the extremely stressful process of applying for tenure-track jobs (blech).
- Gorgeous, crisp(-ish) fall weather. We've had sun and cool weather for a few days now and it makes an enormous difference in my attitude (also in the stuffiness of our house).
- Fall scents. I've broken out my spicier perfumes, fall-scented candles, and thrown the windows open. I can't wait to have enough energy again for baking of all things pumpkin.
- Diet Dr. Pepper. See Xanax, above.
- Cross-stitch. I find counted cross-stitch to be a very soothing activity, when I'm not royally screwing it up and having to unstitch. I have been working on an advent calendar for, like, nine years (very inconsistently), and I think I'll actually finish the stupid thing this year. I'm at the stage where I'm just stitching the border, so I can sit and zone out while I watch something on the aforementioned blu-ray Netflix.
- New nieces and nephew. We got another round of babies in our families this year (like we did in 2010). It's so fun to virtually meet my niece and nephew and to spend time with Mr. H-B's niece.