11.20.2013

Briefly in Pictures

Normally I hate Instagram dumps on blogs, but I feel like I need to make up for being absent for so long. This blog is something of a journal, after all. So here goes.

We had two critter visitors this summer. Maya hated both of them. 

Corn keeps squirrels around

Apparently possums like it too


Maya got groomed and wouldn't look at me until I removed the bows from her ears. I guess she does have some pride, after all.

Please kill me

She and Greta are still just wonderful, comforting creatures. They always know just when one of needs a good snuggle. Ok, sometimes Maya is a little cloying, but we love her anyway.

How can you resist this face?

Why yes, I am on your pillow
Greta learned a new trick, proving the "old dog, new trick" adage wrong. Of course, her trick is completely unimpressive.

Look! I get stuck on my back!
Maya is despondent about the travails of life on a regular basis. It is apparently very hard to be a Rottweiler/Shar-pei mix, living a life of luxury.
No birds to bark at today
I reprised my Dr. Nanny role briefly on a Friday evening. Ms. A now sits up, squawks when she doesn't get what she wants, and conks out when I hold her. I still have the magic touch.
These must be shaken thoroughly! Like this!
All in all, life is really good. Sure, there are disappointing things and applying for jobs is always kind of a drag. But there are people to love and dogs to cuddle. I'll take it.

1 comment:

Cathryn said...

Yes, yes! I love pictures of crazy dogs and cute babies. If Maya reacts like that to bows, then do you force her into a Halloween costume?