11.18.2013

Briefly


  • I'm well into the academic job search, so expect posting to remain spotty. I considered making this blog private for the duration of this process, but I couldn't find anything embarrassing enough to merit such a drastic step. So I guess that's good? 
  • Along the same line, I bought a suit. I've never owned a pantsuit before. I'm not really sure how I feel about this, but the prospect of attending a conference in Chicago in January with only a skirt suit seemed like just about the worst thing possible. So pants it is. Now I'm on a search for comfortable shoes with a reasonable heel... 
  • ...because it turns out I have plantar fasciitis from a combination of lots of walking and terrible shoes. I never knew that I shouldn't be wearing flat shoes; the podiatrist recommended wearing a supportive heel for work since I stand so much while I teach. So there you go. 
  • We are staying local for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. As much as I'm devastated that we won't see my family later this month, I am not sad that we won't be driving across the country at the end of November. Blech. 
  • Greta and Maya are furry goofballs. Maya loves to be the center of attention, no matter what. Greta likes attention on her terms. If she's in the right mood, she'll sing on command to get that attention. She's been extra adorable since we started walking again (see the plantar fasciitis note above) and since she got a haircut a couple of weeks ago. She has oodles of energy, despite being nearly eight years old. These girls sure make me happy when I get sad about the things that get me down. 

4 comments:

Zannah said...

Have you found Barking Dog Shoes yet? It's a blog that's just reviews and info about cute shoes that work with various foot issues. I don't actually have foot issues, but I *do* like librarian-comfortable shoes (predictably) and the last couple of pairs I've bought I found on there.

Zannah said...

Have you found Barking Dog Shoes yet? It's a blog that's just reviews and info about cute shoes that work with various foot issues. I don't actually have foot issues, but I *do* like librarian-comfortable shoes (predictably) and the last couple of pairs I've bought I found on there.

Charlotte said...

I've been thinking about you lately and am glad to see an update.

Hope the job search goes really well for you and that you have a nice, relaxing holiday season. We almost always stay home and, to be honest, I find it much more relaxing and less stressful.

On the shoe front, I have some loafer-like shoes that are dressy enough but much more supportive. Maybe look into those, too?

Cathryn said...

Sheesh, it's about time for another update! :) How am I supposed to justify not cleaning the bathroom if I don't have blogs to read? Look on Zappos, I love them.